Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Entering the Final Countdown

     Sorry I have such a hard time staying super current blogger world...I mean I can't even manage the "weekly" update thing. That is why I really enjoy that Facebook app that just updates every week with what is suppose to be going on during that week in the life a pregnant lady, and I can just be all like "yeah, what that thing said...kind of" But seriously I feel like I just can't keep my head on straight...there is SO MUCH TO DO!! But most days and afternoons and evenings all I really want to do is sleep...but even that has gotten to be a little difficult to do too....I mean between working for the next 3 1/2 weeks, planning for a long term sub, getting myself somewhat in a happy place with my national board entries, organizing then reorganizing and then reorganizing everything in Emerson's room, closet, dresser....and feeling the urge to just burn my house down and start over with something new and already clean and organized to perfection, I can't keep my whits about me. Most days I give up and sit on the couch eating chips ahoy cookies...with milk.

     Basically life is really crazy right now, and yes I know "look out for what's coming!" I know it only gets crazier and more hectic and sleep more elusive than now. But come on ya"ll join me in my pity party for how out of control I feel right now, and probably for the next forever...

     Well now that I have gotten all of that off of my chest, I think it is only right to share news of what is currently going on with the large cantaloupe occupying my body right now. We went 2 weeks ago to Fayetteville to see our MFM doc. We had another lllooonnnggg scan where we look at all things/parts Emerson and they conducted a biophysical profile on him. Basically this is a test they give to babies in utero  to asses their health. Dr. Bell likened it to the APGAR screenings they give newborns, but this is for unborns...hehe. It is usually given around 32-34 weeks and it looks at things like the fluid levels, how well they are breathing, their muscle tone and movement, and so on. Emerson apparently did very well. Out of a possible score of 8, Emerson scored an 8...so go Emerson! This was lovely information, but we already knew that their weren't really any problems with him, he has always been very healthy. The problems have been with me and his temporary 9 month home. He is also growing quite nicely. At 33 weeks 2 days he was "guestimated" to weigh 4lbs 8oz. Which they said was right on track and very average. All good news to us. We were released from the MFM doc to Dr. Bell! Woot! We do have to go in for another growth scan in a week to make sure he is still growing and doing well, but we get to do that in Dr. Bell's office. 

     In other news Emerson had also made the journey to being in the head down position. Which means my fears of having to have a scheduled c-section have temporarily been relieved! I will be having a big delivery discussion tomorrow with Dr. Bell at my appointment...trust me we have lots to discuss...including being put back on my blood thinner, Lovenox, after delivery...yuck!

     All in all it has been a pretty good final trimester for us, which we are so thankful for because the first two were not so enjoyable. We have around 4-5 weeks left(maybe fewer but we hope not) and it really seems crazy to think that in the next month we will most likely get to meet our little boy. We have waited for this day for over 2 years, and as much as I don't want to wish this last bit of pregnancy away(maybe I do a little) I am so ready to meet him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment