Monday, October 29, 2012

Are You Trying to Tell Me Something?

Whoa! Two posts in two days! What has gotten into me? This post is nothing profound, not that any post I have written has been profound, but let's just say this post isn't super deep. More like something that has been on my chest for a bit, and I am ready to get it off. Maybe then it won't bug me so much later.

So here is my "gripe", and I hate to use the term gripe, but I am at a lose for a better term because basically I am going to do some complaining right here...see this post has selfish undertones...nothing profound...Back to my "gripe", I have realized here recently that when people around you know that you are eventually going to be attempting to get pregnant they all become a super duper investigator pregnancy spy. Anything and everything you say must be some convoluted hint at the fact that you are with child. If you say "man I am so tired today" the response you get is "What are you trying to say?" "Are you trying to tell us something?" Why yes I am....I am tired...it's Monday and I stayed up late last night watching Breaking Amish because I am oddly intrigued by it, that is what I was trying to tell you. Surprise!

Ok, ok...I know that sounds terribly rude and mean for me to even be bothered by this, and in truth most of the time I'm not. I usually shrug it off and say no, not pregnant. Let me also say that I know this line of questioning comes from a good place, and I am thankful to have people in my life who are more anxious and excited about what is to come than I am at times. I know that they just want to see me blessed and get to experience the profound privilege of being someone's mom.

But here is the deal...the real deal. I have been pretty up front here lately with my situation and the journey I am on, so I figure when the time comes that I am lucky enough to be pregnant again I will share parts of that journey openly. You won't have to spend time trying to decode cryptic message said in passing or ask the questions like "Are you trying to tell us something?" and "What does that mean?" etc. I will be all like newsflash there is a baby up in here...or something to that effect.

So thank you all for caring enough to be curious and inquire about the occupational status of my womb...but I would appreciate it a little bit more if you would wait for me to let you in on the news when it happens.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog. My husband and I have had 2 miscarriages, most recently on October 12. I can totally relate to this post! ha not to mention my poodle is identical to yours, must be long lost brothers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain!! I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. :o) Check out my latest blog post for the details. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda B. First off I am so deeply sorry and heartbroken for you and your loss...and know when I say I have probably felt a lot of the same things you are feeling now, or will feel in the future I mean it. It is a hard, hard, thing to process. It has taken me over a year to really come to a good place. I really do hope that it is helpful to read if for nothing else just to know that you are not alone in this! Blessings to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete